How the DataGrabber 5 Works
The DataGrabber 5 connects to a Levelogger's direct read cable; alternatively, an L5 Threaded or Slipfit Adaptor allows you to connect it directly to a Levelogger 5. The DataGrabber connects to an AquaVent 5 Wellhead using a Connector Cable, or directly to a LevelVent 5 Wellhead. The USB flash drive key is plugged into the socket on the front of the DataGrabber.
A push-button on the DataGrabber 5 starts the downloading process. All of the data in the datalogger's memory is transferred to the USB device. The DataGrabber comes with a 2 GB USB flash drive key with a second connection for a USB-C device, if required. It is also compatible with most other USB flash drives. The datalogger is not interrupted if it is still logging. The data in the datalogger memory is not erased.
A light changes colour to indicate when the DataGrabber 5 is properly connected, when the data transfer is taking place, and when the data has been successfully downloaded. The DataGrabber uses one 9 volt alkaline or lithium battery that is easy to replace when required.
• Materials: ABS Black, 316 Stainless Steel
• Operating Temperature: -20ºC to +50ºC
• IP64 (dust and splash resistant)
• 9V replaceable alkaline or lithium battery
• Up to 60 full datalogger downloads @21ºC (alkaline)
• ø 45.7 mm x 99.3 mm (ø 1.80" x 3.91")
• 5.79 oz. (180 grams)
• Compatible with: Levelogger 5, Barologger 5, Levelogger 5 Junior, Levelogger 5 LTC, Rainlogger 5, LevelVent 5, and AquaVent 5, as well as Levelogger Edge and Gold Series dataloggers, LevelVent and AquaVent.
Features of the DataGrabber 5
• One push-button to download data
• Inexpensive and easy to transport
• Compatible with most USB flash drive keys
• Connects to a Levelogger's L5 Direct Read Cable/ Adaptor or LevelVent/AquaVent 5 Wellhead
• Uses separate, replaceable 9V battery
• LED light to indicate operation
• Data transfer does not interrupt running Levelogger
Levelogger 5 App Interface
A smart alternative to the DataGrabber 5, is the Levelogger 5 App Interface that uses Bluetooth® technology to connect all Solinst dataloggers to your smart device using the Solinst Levelogger App (see Model 3001 Solinst Levelogger 5 App & Interface data sheets).