LevelSender 5 Telemetry
The LevelSender 5 is a simple, low cost system designed to wirelessly send data from Solinst dataloggers in the field, via cellular communication, to multiple emails and an SMS recipient. You can receive data right on your smart device.
LevelSender 5 remote stations are compact in design, which allows them to be discreetly installed inside a 2" diameter monitoring well or other housing.
Each LevelSender 5 device has a single port to connect one datalogger. An optional splitter provides connections for two dataloggers, allowing you to install a Levelogger and Barologger in the same well.
Along with water level, temperature, conductivity, barometric, or rainfall data, battery level and status updates from the remote LevelSender 5 are received with each data report.
Advantages of the LevelSender 5
• Low cost, compact design for discreet installation
• Simple setup, operation and maintenance
• Extensive coverage with cellular communication
• Less need to travel to remote/hazardous locations
• Receive data on your smart device and PC
• Use database to import to your own website or list
• Remotely monitor battery level and status with each report
• Ideal for long-term water level monitoring projects
• Remote schedule changes sent from Home Station
How to Use Solinst LevelSender 5
Initial setup for each LevelSender 5 device is done using the LevelSender 5 PC Software and a USB connection. The LevelSender 5 is programmed with a sampling rate to collect data from the connected dataloggers, and a report rate to send data to the "Home Station", and email and SMS recipients.
If more detailed data is desired, the dataloggers can be programmed to record independently in their internal memory.
Data is sent as text to each email and SMS recipient. Data is automatically saved on the Home Station PC in separate files, as well as a dynamically updated database. The database can be accessed using your own applications for posting to a website or other custom setup. Data can also be viewed in the LevelSender 5 Software, or files can be exported for use in other programs.
Changes to the reporting schedule can be done directly through a USB cable and LevelSender 5 Software. Alternatively, remote schedule changes can be sent to individual LevelSender 5 stations by email from the Home Station, which will update the LevelSender 5 at a next scheduled report.
• Sized to fit inside a standard 2" well casing
• Connection for up to two dataloggers on each device
• Wireless cellular communications
• Remote data sent via email or SMS messaging
• Both LevelSender 5 and Home Station use dynamic IP
• Database is updated with each new data report
• View and export data using LevelSender 5 Software
• Remote updates via email from Home Station
• GSM 3G cellular quad-band modem (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), using GPRS class 10 (not CDMA compatible)
• Standard SIM (15 mm x 25 mm)
• Antenna: SMA Male Monopole 2dBi
• Data File Type: text, .xle, .sqlite
• Sampling Interval: 1 minute - 99 hours
• Reporting Interval: 5 minutes - 99 hours• Schedule Programming: Directly via USB-C connection on the LevelSender 5 or remotely via LevelSender Software (email)
• Power Supply: 3 x AA 1.5V replaceable lithium batteries
• Battery Life Example: Hourly sampling and daily reporting: 4 years with 1 datalogger, 3.3 years with 2 dataloggers
• Memory Capacity: (Between Reports) Up to 40,000 LT logs, or 28,000 LTC logs
• Operating Temperature: -20ºC to 60ºC
• Black Delrin®, 316 stainless steel
• 2.5" x 9.375" (with antenna folded down)
• 16.9 oz. (478 grams)
• Compatible Dataloggers: Levelogger 5 Series dataloggers, LevelVent 5, AquaVent 5, as well as previous versions of the LevelVent and AquaVent, and Levelogger Edge Series dataloggers
• Number of Connected Dataloggers: 1, or 2 using a splitter
• Barometric Compensation: Performed by user in Levelogger Software or external database (not required for vented loggers)