The LevelVent 5 logger contains pressure and temperature sensors, a battery, memory for up to 150,000 data logs, and hydrophobic filter within a 22 mm x 173 mm (7/8" x 6.8") stainless steel housing with a corrosion-resistant coating.
The LevelVent uses a gauged pressure transducer; it is open to the atmosphere via a vented cable to the wellhead. The compact LevelVent wellhead is designed to fit in a Solinst 2" Well Cap Assembly, and provides easy connection for communication accessories.
The vented cable and Solinst LevelVent 5 logger are protected from moisture by permanent, built-in desiccants and hydrophobic filters in the logger and the wellhead.
The vented pressure transducer is made of Hastelloy®, making it extremely durable and accurate in a wide range of temperature and monitoring conditions. The sensor provides an accuracy of 0.05% FS, and can withstand 2 times over-pressure without permanent damage.
LevelVent 5 Applications
• Ideal for shallow deployment: up to 65 ft (20 m) submergence
• Aquifer characterization: pumping tests, slug tests, etc.
• Stream gauging, lake, reservoir and dam management
• Watershed, drainage basin and recharge monitoring
• Stormwater and runoff monitoring
• Water supply and tank level measurement
• Long-term water level monitoring in wells and surface water
Vented Datalogger Advantages
• Continuous, reliable water level data for longterm monitoring projects
• No barometric compensation required, saving data processing time
• Instant water level data for real-time aquifer test results
LevelVent 5 Programming & Communication
The LevelVent 5 is programmed and data downloaded using Solinst Levelogger Software and a PC Interface Cable. It can also be used with the Solinst Levelogger 5 App Interface and DataGrabber 5. Both accessories and PC Interface Cable conveniently connect directly to the LevelVent 5 wellhead.
Integrate the LevelVent 5 with Solinst Telemetry Systems, which use the latest wireless technologies. For deeper, hard to access applications, or areas that are prone to flooding, the Levelogger 5 Series of absolute pressure water level dataloggers are also options (see Model 3001 Levelogger 5 Series Data Sheet).
• Corrosion and abrasion-resistant coating baked on using polymerization technology
• Gauged pressure sensor for highly-accurate water level measurements: 0.05% FS
• Compact wellhead makes deployment simple using a Solinst 2" Well Cap Assembly
• Communication cables and accessories connect directly to the wellhead
• Long-lasting battery included in logger
• Built-in hydrophobic filters and desiccants — no need to replace, reduces maintenance
LevelVent 5 Logger Specifications
• Piezoresistive Silicon with Hastelloy Sensor with ± 0.05% FS Typical Accuracy
• Stability of Readings: Superior, low noise
• 0.001% FS to 0.0006% FS Resolution
• Units of Measure: m, cm, ft., psi, kPa, bar, ºC, ºF
• Automatic Temperature Compensation
• Temp. Comp. Range: 0º to 50ºC
• Platinum Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD)
• Operating Temperature: -20ºC to 80ºC
• Temp. Sensor Accuracy: ± 0.05ºC
• Temp. Sensor Resolution: 0.003°C
• Battery Life Estimate: 10 Years — based on 1 reading/minute
• Clock Accuracy (typical): ± 1 minute/year (-20ºC to 80ºC)
• Maximum # Readings: 150,000 sets of readings
• Memory: Slate and Continuous
• 9600 bps Solinst USB
• 22 mm x 173 mm (7/8" x 6.8")
• 182 grams (6.4 oz)
• Baked-on coating using polymerization technology (inside and out)
• Wetted Materials: Delrin®, Viton®, 316L stainless steel, Hastelloy, PFAS-free PTFE coating
• Sampling Modes: Linear, Event & User-Selectable with Repeat Mode, Future Start, Future Stop, Real-Time View
• Measurement Rates: 1/8 sec to 99 hrs
• Barometric Compensation: Automatic
|Models||Full Scale (FS)||Accuracy||Resolution|
|M5||5 m (16.4 ft)||± 0.3 cm (0.010 ft)||0.001% FS|
|M10||10 m (32.8 ft)||± 0.5 cm (0.016 ft)||0.0006% FS|
|M20||20 m (65.6 ft)||± 1 cm (0.032 ft)||0.0006% FS|
Integrate the LevelVent 5 with Solinst Telemetry Systems, which use the latest wireless technologies.
LevelVent 5 Vented Cable Options
LevelVent 5 vented cable assemblies are available in custom lengths of up to 500 feet.
Vented cables contain communication wires, as well as a vent tube running the length of the cable. Vented cables provide direct read communication from the LevelVent 5 logger to the wellhead. The vent tube and wires are jacketed in polyurethane, providing durability and protection.
The vented cables ar e easily and securely connected to the LevelVent 5 logger and wellhead, using stainless steel twist connections. A 2" Well Cap Assembly and hanger bracket are included to support the wellhead and vented cable when deployed.
Solinst Levelogger App & Levelogger 5 App Interface
The Levelogger 5 App Interface uses Bluetooth® technology to connect your LevelVent 5 to your smart device. With the Solinst Levelogger App, you can download data, view real-time data, and program your dataloggers (see Model 3001 Levelogger 5 App Interface data sheets).
The DataGrabber 5 is a field-ready data transfer device that allows you to copy data from a LevelVent 5 onto a USB flash drive key, with one push-button. The DataGrabber 5 is compact and very easy to transport.