DESIGNED FOR CONTINUOUS SF6 AREAMONITORING,
THE AREACHECK P2 RAPIDLY DETECTS LOW-LEVEL
SF6 LEAKS PROTECTING WORKERS AND THE
Best proven SF6 leak detection
• Award winning Negative Ion Capture (NIC) technology
• Fast, accurate detection down to highly sensitive levels
• No cross sensitivity with other gases or moisture in air
• Relay output for immediate awareness of leaks detected
• Audio and visual alarms provide clear indication of SF6 leaks
• Complete safe set up via PC or the Network Interface protects from unauthorized access
• Built in low flow alarm and diagnostics test*
• Can be used on an RS485 network, it also outputs RS232 and has relay outputs for standalone functionality
• Exchangeable SmartSensor (12 month lifetime)
• Maintenance free operation *will alarm due to mechanical failures
Designed for fixed continuous SF6 area monitoring, the AreaCheck P2
rapidly detects low-level SF6 leaks. AreaCheck P2 utilises relay output
for immediate awareness of detected leaks, and presents no cross
sensitivity with any other gas or moisture in the air.
Instrument setup is carried out easily via a computer or network
interface, allowing optimal protection from unauthorised access. The SF6
AreaCheck P2 has a built-in low flow alarm and self-diagnostic testing.
The instrument’s serviceable components are comprised in the
user exchangeable SmartSensor, with a lifetime of up to 12 months.
Measuring stations are maintenance-free, ensuring instrument downtime
AreaCheck P2 has no filter problems due to its minimum air intake
(compared to pump operated systems).
Can be used on an RS485 network, it also outputs RS232 and has relay
outputs for standalone functionality.
Why monitor SF6?
The award winning technology of the SF6 AreaCheck P2 can rapidly detect low level SF6 leaks ensuring worker safety, help protect the environment, and save costs.
SF6 is a colourless, odourless gas that can easily go undetected by workers and create a suffocation risk. SF6 has a Maximum Allowable Concentration (MAC) of 1000 ppm.
Harmful to the environment
SF6 is a greenhouse gas and leakages are extremely harmful to the environment.
SF6 leaks have been targeted for reduction under the Kyoto Protocol.
An expensive gas, SF6 leakages from indoor gas insulated switchgear (GIS) are very costly.
• SF6 leak testing and measurement in high voltage switchgear (GIS)
• Leak integrity tesing on medical, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment containing SF6 and (H)CFCs
• Breathing apparatus testing
• Medical device testing
|Detection Princicple||SF6: NIC|
|Range||0 - 2000 ppm SF6|
|Resolution||500 ppm SF6 /10 ppm|
|Mains Power||100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Operating Temperature||-5°C to 45°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C|
|Operating Humidity Range||10 - 90% non condensing|
|Max Load, Relay Output||2.5A / 230 VAC|
|Size||H 280 x B 165 x T 125 mm|
|Protection Class||IP 52|
|Noise Level of Audible Alarm||> 75 dbA, 1m|
|Weight||1,5 Kg (w/o wall mounting bracket)|
|Fuse||T 1A (Slow Blow)|