DESIGNED FOR CONTINUOUS SF6 AREAMONITORING,
THE AREACHECK P2 RAPIDLY DETECTS LOW-LEVEL
SF6 LEAKS PROTECTING WORKERS AND THE
Best proven SF6 leak detection
• Award winning Negative Ion Capture (NIC) technology
• Fast, accurate detection down to highly sensitive levels
• No cross sensitivity with other gases or moisture in air
• Relay output for immediate awareness of leaks detected
• Audio and visual alarms provide clear indication of SF6 leaks
• Complete safe set up via PC or the Network Interface protects
from unauthorized access
• Built in low flow alarm and diagnostics test*
• Can be used on an RS485 network, it also outputs RS232 and has
relay outputs for standalone functionality
• Exchangeable SmartSensor (12 month lifetime)
• Maintenance free operation
*will alarm due to mechanical failures
Designed for fixed continuous SF6 area monitoring, the AreaCheck P2
rapidly detects low-level SF6 leaks. AreaCheck P2 utilises relay output
for immediate awareness of detected leaks, and presents no cross
sensitivity with any other gas or moisture in the air.
Instrument setup is carried out easily via a computer or network
interface, allowing optimal protection from unauthorised access. The SF6
AreaCheck P2 has a built-in low flow alarm and self-diagnostic testing.
The instrument’s serviceable components are comprised in the
user exchangeable SmartSensor, with a lifetime of up to 12 months.
Measuring stations are maintenance-free, ensuring instrument downtime
AreaCheck P2 has no filter problems due to its minimum air intake
(compared to pump operated systems).
Can be used on an RS485 network, it also outputs RS232 and has relay
outputs for standalone functionality.
Why monitor SF6?
The award winning technology of the SF6 AreaCheck P2 can rapidly
detect low level SF6 leaks ensuring worker safety, help protect the
environment, and save costs.
SF6 is a colourless, odourless gas that can easily go undetected by workers and
create a suffocation risk. SF6 has a Maximum Allowable Concentration (MAC) of
Harmful to the environment
SF6 is a greenhouse gas and leakages are extremely harmful to the environment.
SF6 leaks have been targeted for reduction under the Kyoto Protocol.
An expensive gas, SF6 leakages from indoor gas insulated switchgear (GIS) are
• SF6 leak testing and measurement in high voltage switchgear (GIS)
• Leak integrity tesing on medical, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment
containing SF6 and (H)CFCs
• Breathing apparatus testing
• Medical device testing
• SF6: NIC
• 0 - 2000 ppm SF6
• 500 ppm SF6 /10 ppm
• 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
• -5°C to 45°C
• -20°C to 60°C
OPERATING HUMIDITY RANGE
• 10 - 90% non condensing
MAX LOAD, RELAY OUTPUT
• 2.5A / 230 VAC
• H 280 x B 165 x T 125 mm
• IP 52
NOISE LEVEL OF AUDIBLE
• > 75 dbA, 1m
• 1,5 Kg (w/o wall mounting bracket)
• T 1A (Slow Blow)