Catalytic carbon is produced from coconut shell using a patented process for the use in liquid phase systems to promote catalytic reactions. The reactant concentration determines the effective contact time. Although it is not impregnated with metals or alkali, it displays the catalytic functionality of these materials.
• NSF Certified to ANSI/NSF Std 42 Std 61
• Catalytic activity allows for smaller more compact system sizing and lower capital requirements
• No safety concerns with exotherms or toxicity like some impregnated medias.
• Improved trace organic capacity per unit volumes
• High hardness reduces fines and losses due to handling
• Works with low oxidant levels and limits the need for chemicals
• Simple and reliable equipment design that will handle spikes in concentration without metering of chemicals
• Reduced carbon requirements, reduced operating costs
• Enhanced carbon media performance for a greater degree of contaminant removal at reduced costs
• Thermal reactivation is an option for recycle and reuse to minimize operating costs and eliminates disposal concerns
• Each cassette comes with a unique serial number
• Hydrogen sulfide
• Taste and odor
• VOC removal
• Iron removal
• Residential water filters
• Commercial water filters
• Bottling and soft drink industries
• Aquarium water treatment
*WARNING: Wet activated carbon preferentially removes oxygen from air. In closed or partially closed containers and vessels, oxygen depletion may reach hazardous levels. If workers are to enter a vessel containing carbon, appropriate sampling and work procedures for potentially low oxygen spaces should be followed, including all applicable federal and state requirements.
Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
|Iodine Number||Moisture content (as packaged)||Total ash content||Ball-pan hardness||CTC activity||Catalytic activity|
|Min. 1000 mg/g||Max. 5%||Max. 4%||Min. 98%||Min. 50%||Min. 20º C|
|Surface Area (BET)||Apparent Density||Bed density, backwashed and drained||pH|
|1060 m²/g||490 kg/m³||420 kg/m³||10|
|Part Number||Description||Type||Mesh||Cubic Feet Per Bag||Container Wt. (lbs.)||Quantity|
|AB056-AL||Catalytic Carbon||Coconut||12 x 40||1||27.5||40/Pallet|