Radically High Performance Silt, Sediment and Turbidity Media
RhinoSand™ is based on a rare natural mineral that is highly processed and graded. It’s unique properties allow it to radically alter the performance and cost of media filtration. The hardness, stability and micro-porous character of RhinoSand™ makes it a perfect filtration media for virtually every application in the water and wastewater treatment industry.
• High filtration performance-3-5 micron removal.
• High capacity filtration throughout the entire RhinoSand™ bed depth provides more than twice the capacity of multimedia filtration
• High flow– 3-4 times that of multimedia with superior filtration.
• Long lasting media (>5 years) not consumed in the process.
• Simple periodic backwash keeps the media clean and operating efficiently.
• RO Pretreatment–superior SDI reduction
• Cooling Towers–unequaled Turbidity removal
• Power Generation Plants
• Municipal Water Treatment, pressure and gravity filters–higher flow, lower pressure drop and superior filtration performance
• Wastewater Polishing–exceptional TSS removal
• Precipitated metals removal
• Carwash reclaim and recycling
Bulk Density: 55 lbs per ft3 (0.88 kg/L)
Composition: High Purity Alumino-Silicate
Size 0.4-1.4 mm (approx. 14x40 mesh)
Filtration (nominal): 3-5 micron
1 cu.ft., 55 lbs. per bag